Friday, April 9, 2010

36 km long Hangzhou Bay Bridge, 杭州灣大橋


Before I came to Shanghai, I have never heard of a 36 km long bridge. I took this photo from the back window of my bus, on the way to Wuxi.

Imagine a 6-lane bridge with hardly any private cars on it. The vehicles I saw were mostly trucks and buses. They were few and far between.

This bridge, 杭州灣大橋 is located in Hangzhou. More photos are available here.

We stopped for a rest stop and lunch, after we crossed the bridge.
















This was my first meal in Shanghai at a self service cafe. Our tour guide gave us coupons to pay for the lunch: egg soup, veges and stewed pork with rice.

Dinners were usually very sumptuous because our tour group was subsidized by the China Tourist Board for some strange reason. We stayed in the best hotels every night and food was

never a problem. We were also given a free Samsonite back pack by the tour guide.Our first dinner in Hangzhou was a 7-course meal with fish, chicken and pork. The quality seems to improve day by day, increasing to 9 courses with extra side dishes.

During dinner, this man entertained us with his super quick change of his facial make-up. They called him the man with a thousand faces!

After dinner we were entertained by a life show with a very impressive, special effects, flash flood scene. It was so realistic that I almost ran from my seat. Click on the image to enlarge the photo and you will see exactly what I mean! That was real water rushing down that small hill towards where I was sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment