Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yiwu, 义乌 Day-2

Day-2
We visited an international trade centre in Yiwu义乌.
I was trying to buy something but they told me that their unit of measure was shipping containers load, not piece. At a display shop, I still managed to buy 3 sweaters (jumpers). The idea was to wear them first in the cold weather of Shanghai and keep them for playing golf in Hamilton. I am now all set for the cooler weather, clothing wise.

The art centre we visited has a lot of wooden sculpture. I took a lot of photos because I brought 2 pcs of 1 Gb memory cards with me and there was plenty of storage space in my Cybershot. I also carry a small pen drive with 4 Gb memory. My last trip to Beijing in 2001, I was still using a Kodak film camera, an Olympus Trip 35. This trip to Shanghai I took more than 1200 photos. I forgot all about them until last night when I decided to upload them all to

Picasa Web Album. From there it was easy to add them to this blog. Just one click and it was instantly added to my blog here. PWA is located on the internet, my blog is also on the internet. So, it must be a very short distance to move a photo.

The wood carvings are 3-D and very detailed. They depicted famous historical events in China. Regrettably, I studied




English history in school in Miri and I do not know much Chinese history; but some of the names are familiar. The quality and details of the wood carvings are extremely high, compared to other wood carvings that I have seen in Sarawak or New Zealand.











Christine in a playful mood.

















I finally met chairman Mao in Yiwu.











*












*












*











*








No comments:

Post a Comment